The ladies auxiliary was organized in 1950 as the result of a large barn fire at the Carr farm on Route 9. Since that date, the auxiliary has provided an important service to the Fire Company with financial support and by providing refreshments during and after certain emergency calls.
In 1951 the Boght Community Rescue Squad was organized by Fire Company Members to provide emergency care to the Boght, Latham, and Maplewood Fire Districts. It was the first of its kind in the Town of Colonie.
Due to the need for larger apparatus, the new firehouse on the corner of Boght road and Route 9 was built in 1965.
Through hard work, dedication and countless hours spent by our members, we continue to have an organization that our community can be proud of.